FajarPaper is committed to operate in a responsible and sustainable manner. Our main raw material requirement is 100% recycled papers, an important resource that helps the preservation of natural forests and to avoid the necessity to use landfills, otherwise required to contain the used papers. This practice also drives cleaner environment and maximize the use of a resource, by recycling the after-consumption used papers back into high performance packaging papers.
Not only beneficial to the environment, the collection and recycling of used papers have also created economic value to the local communities, especially for waste collectors and scavenger.
FajarPaper understands the value of communities, and therefore remains committed to the wellbeing of its communities. Through the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) department, under the Human Resource division, we have contributed to the social improvements of the communities by providing, amongst other things, contributions to religious institutions; assistances to the victim of natural disasters, such as floods; assistances to students and orphans, such as book, stationery, and uniform packages, scholarships, rehabilitation and renovation of school buildings; as well as, providing health services for the less fortunate.
We have also quickly responded to the up-to-date situation, whereby the Company has helped the government in its efforts to prevent the COVID-19 spread, by donating a mobile combat PCR lab, donating facemasks, and providing disinfectant to the surrounding communities, as well as implementing strict health protocols for its workers.
Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC-C135609) – Chain Of Custody (COC) Policy Statement
FajarPaper is totally committed to its customers, by supplying packaging papers with quality standards that are equal to, or even exceeding, their expectations, in order to ensure a sustainable mutual relationship, as well as to meet the COC’s requirements at the same time.
This commitment is embedded in our corporate values :
- Providing FSC® certified products according to customer requirements based on the COC System, and also, reviewing the implementation of the COC System to ensure continuous improvement on the system.
- Taking care of the environment and concern on the conservation of the natural resources through the consistent implementation of the COC System.
- Ensure the non-certified COC raw material sources are not directly or indirectly involved in the following activities :
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Convention, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998